• 4 Al Ajban boneless chicken thighs with skin
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1 large white onion, chopped
• 2 sweet potatoes (260g), peeled and cut into cubes
• 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into cubes
• 1 packet button mushrooms, cut into quarters
• 2 cups (500ml) fresh chicken stock
• 3 sprigs of thyme
• Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat and add the chicken, skin-side down, until it becomes crispy and has a golden colour, about 5 minutes.
• Remove the chicken, pour away any excess fat and then, in the same pan, cook the onions for about 5 minutes until they have some colour.
• Add the sweet potato, carrots and mushrooms and then return the chicken pieces to the pan, placing them on top, skin-side up.
• Pour the stock until it just reaches the chicken skin, add the thyme and cover with a lid.
• Leave to simmer very gently for about 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Cooking time will depend on the size of the chicken pieces.
|Healthier Butter Chicken|
• 250g Al Ajban skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
• 200g egg noodles
• 50g unsalted cashews
• 3 cloves of garlic, sliced
• 1/2 cup of fresh coriander
• 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
• 2 medium spring onions, thinly sliced
• 1 fresh red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
• 1 lime, cut into wedges
• 2 carrots, shredded
• 1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets
• 8 pieces baby corn, sliced
• Pinch of black pepper
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 1 teaspoon sesame oil
• 1 tablespoon low-salt soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon fish sauce
• Cook the noodles as per packet instructions, then drain and refresh under cold water. Drain again, toss in a little oil and put to one side.
• Lightly toast the cashew nuts in a nonstick frying pan until golden.
• Heat the vegetable oil in a large wok (or pan) on medium to high heat. Season the chicken with black pepper, then add to the pan and stir-fry for 3 minutes, or until golden.
• Add the garlic and ginger and cook for another minute.
• Add the spring onions, carrots, broccoli and baby corn and stir-fry for 3-5 minutes.
• Add the cooked noodles. Keep stirfrying until the noodles are warm and the chicken is cooked through. Add the sesame oil, soy sauce and fish sauce. Cook for a few more minutes then remove from heat.
• Sprinkle with cashews, sliced chilli and coriander leaves. Serve with lime wedges.